instant pot - beef and broccoli
Updated: Sep 13, 2019
1 1/2 pounds boneless chuck roast beef sliced into thin strips
12 ounces broccoli florets (6-7 cups)
4 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon canola oil
For the sauce:
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon corn starch
1. Select the sauté mode on the pressure cooker for medium heat and add canola oil. When the pot is hot, add garlic and sliced beef. Cook for a few minutes until browned, stirring frequently.
2. Add beef broth, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Stir together to dissolve the sugar. Turn off the sauté mode.
3. Secure and seal the lid. Cook for 15 minutes at high pressure.
4. While waiting for the pressure cooker, cook broccoli by microwaving for 3-4 minutes until tender.
5. When the pressure cooker is done, manually release pressure by carefully turning the release knob to its venting position.
6 Uncover the pressure cooker and remove about 1/4 cup of liquid. Mix it with corn starch in a small bowl until completely dissolved and smooth, and add it back to the pot.
7. Turn on the sauté mode for medium heat. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken it a bit, stirring frequently. Turn off the sauté mode.
8. Add cooked broccoli back to the pot and briefly stir to coat with the sauce. Serve immediately with a side such as cauliflower rice.