how to make the best macarons
Updated: Aug 1, 2019
My daughter loves baking and just found a new recipe for macarons that makes you feel like you're in France. They were soooo good! I was actually shocked she made them with just ingredients from our pantry and it only took her 30 minutes. It was worth the messy kitchen.
3 egg whites
1/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup almond flour
food coloring if you want your colorful
1. Combine the 3 egg whites and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl and wisk until fluffy (do NOT over mix) 2. Add 1 3/4 cups of powdered sugar and 1 cup of almond flour to the fluffy mixture. Then stir until soft. 3. Add food coloring (optional) into the mix.
4. Line parchment paper to your baking sheet. Put mixture into a pipping bag and pipe circles.
5. Tap and set the circles so there will be no air bubbles.
6. Bake at 285°F for 15 minutes.
7. Cool for 20 minutes
8. Once cooled, place your choice of icing between two macarons.
Then you're done! These are so yummy! ;)